1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows 2K makes ALL windows XP machines see Internet gateway in Network Connections

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Zman1764, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zman1764

Zman1764 Thread Starter

Hey guys. I made a post similar to this in windows 2000-xp-2003 forum, but no responses. I recently installed windows 2000 on my moms computer. Since then, every computer is detecting an "internet connection" in the XP Network Connections. WHY? Its slowing the internet down, and Nobody on the network can acces the windows 2000 files. she has no problems doing anything, printing-seeing files- you name it. The XP machins can print to my printer (since its on my computer), but nobody can acces her computer. can you please help me?

2. Zman1764

Zman1764 Thread Starter

Ok the "internet Connection" thing came from the router I have (Netgear MR814v2) haing UPnP enabled, which made it do that. The File sharing is also fixed, the problem was Mcafee persoanl Firewall wasnt lettin me into her pc, since mcafee was blocking it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/385533

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice