1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 and VCD burner

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by smeegle, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smeegle

smeegle Thread Starter

Does Windows 7 have a VCD burner included in its software? I've found the DVD creater. Can it be used to make a VCD?

2. cybersloth

cybersloth

you will probably find that you need a 3rd party program for sutch an outdated format

3. smeegle

smeegle Thread Starter

VCD's are outdated? Please explain.

4. cybersloth

cybersloth

well DVD's are so cheep now that you may as well burn your home movies or whatever to DVD's that way you can get superior quality and you dont need to compress the files so much so creating disks might even be quicker.

my friends and i used VCD's about 8 years ago but it's DVD's now days.

5. smeegle

smeegle Thread Starter

Thanks for the response, cybersloth. I should have mentioned that I wanted to save pictures in jpeg format to it so that I could play them on my dvd player. I used to make vcd's on my old win me computer.

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

VCDs never really made it in the USA either. Hong Kong, Singapore and many other countries (the higher the bootleg rate, usually the higher the VCD use) have very high use and support of VCDs even today, but most western nations (USA, UK) have little use support.

Many newer DVD players can play .JPEG natively also, what DVD player do you use?

7. smeegle

smeegle Thread Starter

I'm not talking about bootleg. You can use pictures that you have taken yourself to make vcd's.

8. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You just need to find the software to do it.
    You may have created VCD's on your Windows ME computer but it wasn't builtin to the operating system.

Lots of great programs out there though that will create DVD slide shows of your pictures.

Many higher end DVD players have the capability to play data dvd's with pictures on them and other types of slide show formats.

9. smeegle

smeegle Thread Starter

Thanks to all who responded. I'll mark this one as solved.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice