Solved: Windows 7 and VCD burner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smeegle

Does Windows 7 have a VCD burner included in its software? I've found the DVD creater. Can it be used to make a VCD?

you will probably find that you need a 3rd party program for sutch an outdated format

well DVD's are so cheep now that you may as well burn your home movies or whatever to DVD's that way you can get superior quality and you dont need to compress the files so much so creating disks might even be quicker.

my friends and i used VCD's about 8 years ago but it's DVD's now days.

smeegle

Thanks for the response, cybersloth. I should have mentioned that I wanted to save pictures in jpeg format to it so that I could play them on my dvd player. I used to make vcd's on my old win me computer.

VCDs never really made it in the USA either. Hong Kong, Singapore and many other countries (the higher the bootleg rate, usually the higher the VCD use) have very high use and support of VCDs even today, but most western nations (USA, UK) have little use support.

Many newer DVD players can play .JPEG natively also, what DVD player do you use?

smeegle

I'm not talking about bootleg. You can use pictures that you have taken yourself to make vcd's.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
You just need to find the software to do it.
You may have created VCD's on your Windows ME computer but it wasn't builtin to the operating system.

Lots of great programs out there though that will create DVD slide shows of your pictures.

Many higher end DVD players have the capability to play data dvd's with pictures on them and other types of slide show formats.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online