1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 backup problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hevanne, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hevanne

hevanne Thread Starter

Since getting my laptop 6 months ago Ive been unable to create a backup thought its about time I got some help to create one!

So when I go to create a back up I get :

Bitlocker drive encryption cannot be used because critical bitlocker system filles are missing or corrupted. Use Windows start up repair to restore these files to your computer.
    Errorcode: 0x81000031

Ive looked on my computer and I cant find windows start up repair anywhere please help!

2. paulb100

paulb100

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

4. antech

antech Banned

Whats the status now?

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Antech, it is not necessary to bump everyone's thread asking for status. People respond when and if they want to. It only distracts from people who are actively engaged in posting.

6. antech

antech Banned

OK. Thanks and this will be the last time I will bump anyones thread.
    Sorry again

7. hevanne

hevanne Thread Starter

Thanks doublehelix that worked. But just for future problems I may have, I tried my repair disk before I saw doublehelix's post and when I click on reapir it tells me i have a Usb device attached when I dont so I cant access the repair section any ideas about that?

8. hevanne

hevanne Thread Starter

I spoke too soon its not solved I cant make a back up it stopped it says I need the repair disc to mend bitlocker but still cant access that on the disc.

9. hevanne

hevanne Thread Starter

anyone able to help?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice