Solved: Windows 7 backup problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hevanne

Since getting my laptop 6 months ago Ive been unable to create a backup thought its about time I got some help to create one!

So when I go to create a back up I get :

Bitlocker drive encryption cannot be used because critical bitlocker system filles are missing or corrupted. Use Windows start up repair to restore these files to your computer.
Errorcode: 0x81000031

Ive looked on my computer and I cant find windows start up repair anywhere please help!

DoubleHelix

Banned
Antech, it is not necessary to bump everyone's thread asking for status. People respond when and if they want to. It only distracts from people who are actively engaged in posting.

antech

Banned
OK. Thanks and this will be the last time I will bump anyones thread.
Sorry again

hevanne

Thanks doublehelix that worked. But just for future problems I may have, I tried my repair disk before I saw doublehelix's post and when I click on reapir it tells me i have a Usb device attached when I dont so I cant access the repair section any ideas about that?

hevanne

I spoke too soon its not solved I cant make a back up it stopped it says I need the repair disc to mend bitlocker but still cant access that on the disc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online