1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 core features

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rijads, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rijads

rijads Thread Starter

I am doing fresh windows install when my new new parts for pc arrive.

I will be installing win7 or win8 on it, don't know which one yet.

I wanted to ask you guys, is there some tutorial, or could you write me some guidelines on how to strip windows down to it's bare essentials, and remove all the unnecessary crap that windows doesn't need in order to run the system, as I will be customizing it and installing apps that I need (for example new explorer, etc).

2. BigTobster

BigTobster

3. Mark1956

Mark1956

There is a guide on this site Blackviper guides that shows you what non essential services you can disable, but there isn't any crapware included in Windows 7. There may be some core components that you will never use but removing them from the OS will be unlikely to gain you any benefit and could have disastrous effects.

Keeping everything up to date and disabling any programs from running at startup that you don't frequently use is about as far as you need to go. Run a good Anti Virus like Microsoft Security Essentials (included with Win8) a good third party firewall like Comodo and Anti Spyware like SuperAntiSpyware. Never use a Registry Cleaner and avoid the use of Torrent clients and you won't go far wrong.

4. rijads

rijads Thread Starter

Tgtc is rather for unfamiliar windows user, and isn't something I've been looking for, while blackviper guide is exactly what i needed, ty guys for the links.

5. Mark1956

Mark1956

You're welcome.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice