1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 dont boot after Reinstalling Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rej50n, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rej50n

rej50n Thread Starter

Hello Guys. I have a dual boot system of Windows XP installed on drive C: and Windows 7 installed on drive D: of my machine... the problem started when i re installed my windows xp on drive C: I lost the dual boot screen, now i can only boot on windows xp. How can I restore my dual boot screen so that i can also boot on windows 7. Thank you for any feedback and help.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  3. rej50n

rej50n Thread Starter

tnx terrynet for the reply. so i booted my pc using the windows 7 installation cd and do a start up repair, in the end it say missing boot manager. I execute bootrec.exe /fixboot command and restarted my pc..nothing is change i still dont have the dual boot option. Thankyou for more advice on how to solve this issue.

4. Megabite

Megabite

5. rej50n

rej50n Thread Starter

tnx megabite...so i installed easybcd on windows xp and use it features to restore my dual boot option. still i only have the windows xp booting up in drive c: .

My windows 7 OS in drive d: and its associated files is still there in drive d,and not working ( can not boot) Thank you very much for your kind reply.

6. Megabite

Megabite

So is it working now?

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please attach a screen shot of the Disk Management Window.

8. rej50n

rej50n Thread Starter

[link removed by mod]

I downloaded the above link and made a repair disc...now its ok..problem solve.. Thanks to all.

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    We don't allow that link because Microsoft alleges copyright infringement. With the Windows 7 installation DVD or with the Repair disk you can make from the installed Windows 7 you don't need any thing else.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/952556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice