1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 embedded blank monitor screen after changing BIOS setting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Woffiedog_1, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woffiedog_1

Woffiedog_1 Thread Starter

Greetings,

I am working on an instrument that runs Windows 7 embedded and has a touch screen. I needed to replace the single board computer and then edit the settings in the BIOS for the touch screen to work properly.

Swapped the single board computer, edited the Bios and booted into windows. Display was not good but visible- I realized I had forgot to change one of the BIOS settings (resolution size) but did remember to change the other setting 24bit color.

When I rebooted to get back into the BIOS to make the other change the screen is blank. Cannot boot from a CD since instrument does not have a drive.

The only thing I can think of use an external monitor instead of the touch screen to look at the BIOS?

Does this sound reasonable? Could I have done something that is rendering the SBC useless now?

Thanks for your help in advanced!

Best Regards,
    Marc

2. pip22

pip22

The last BIOS change you made was to the resolution so it's reasonable to assume that you've set it to a value that the display device cannot handle (res too high most probably). You will need to plug in an external monitor temporarily so you can see the BIOS settings to set the resolution to a lower value.

3. Woffiedog_1

Woffiedog_1 Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. Dragged my home LCD to the site and hooked it up to the machine. Sure enough I could get into the Bios and correct my mistake. Hooked touch screen back up and all was good.

Cheers,
    Marc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice