Solved: Windows 7 hangs/freezes on start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gripman67

Hi, recently my fujitsu tablet has been freezing/hanging when i've been trying to start it up.
I can't get to the desktop and it just laggs/freezes on "welcome"...

It runs fine on safe mode and i've run an anti-virus scan with malbytes and no viruses have come up.

The OS is windows 7 -64 bit.

Please help

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

gripman67

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3891 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 1721 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 215979 MB, Free - 159131 MB; D: Total - 234885 MB, Free - 222342 MB;
Motherboard: FUJITSU, FJNB219
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Brand is fujitsu

thanks

gripman67

I've run a full disk scan and attempt to fix the errors... however the chkdsk scan is going very slowly compared to previous scans i've had in the past\

it has also come up with

"File record segment 101260 is unreadable.
"File record segment 101261 is unreadable. "

gripman67

sorry for the noob question.. but which one do i use?
Do i post the results of the status of my HD once it's done.

btw thanks alot for ur help so far

How long have you had this computer?

Let me see if I can get some info on your computer's HD.

gripman67

i've had this tablet for exactly 2 years now... but i had it re-imaged around 2 months ago

Rats :( Just tried it also with no luck. Where did you take your computer to get it re-imaged?

gripman67

I took it to my college's technical service department and they just re-imaged the tablet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online