Solved: windows 7 home premium 64 was re-installed with a 32 bit version.how can I re

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kevoogle

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2815 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 620i, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 715401 MB, Free - 458361 MB;
Motherboard: eMachines, EMCP73VT-PM
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

**(I also have Malwarebytes Anti Malware )
-FULL VERSION,-BUT FOR SOME REASON IT WILL NOT TURN ON PROTECTION.
UNLESS I need to get it activated again from Malwarebytes since My system was restored????

1) A tech friend RE-INSTALLED my (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit) with a (32 bit Windows 7 )version. If I am able to re-install (Windows 7- 32 bit) back to it's original (Windows 7 - 64 bit) using my product key on side of computer, would I get the same problems back from when it originally had problems with the original Windows 7 64 bit and original product key on side of computer?
* As of now, I can not do a thing because my Administrator Password Expired. I had to create another Homegroup to enable me to work on it. STILL I CAN NOT DO A THING,
no downloading at all,
no changing settings,nothing.
I Can not update Adobe Flash Player
and probably can not re-install Windows 7- 32 bit back to it's original Windows 7-64 bit because of Expired Administrator Password.

2) How can I RE-INSTALL WHAT I HAVE Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit --Back to it's original Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit using the product key on side of computer without getting the screwed up problems it originally had when it was the 64 bit product key.
Am I making any sense, sorry I'm learning.
**OH!By doing this re-installment back to 64 bit Windows 7 WILL I BE ABLE to start over with a new Administrator Password and my Computer will be free of problems,AND WILL Malwarbytes Anti Malware turn on full protection?
:)I so Very Much Appreciate Your Help, I have Been Given Run arounds for awhile now and I can not afford to pay a Microsoft Tech for help. I use to have ,Last month ended from a 2 year service, Omnitech Service but can not afford them right now . I will donate to Tech Support Guy.
THANKS!
KEVOOGLE

TerryNet

Terry
I'm not understanding a lot of what you are saying.

You have a genuine Windows 7 installation DVD that you purchased? If so, you actually have two DVDs--one for 32-bit and the other for 64-bit. All you have to do now is to install using the 64-bit DVD.

But trying to understand at least part of what you posted and to fill in the blanks it sounds to me like you started, at best, with a preinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate and had a Recovery partition. You neglected to make a set of Recovery DVDs and when you ran into some kind of trouble you had somebody else install a pirated Windows 7. Is this close to reality?

I have no idea what you mean by "Administrator Password Expired." With the Ultimate version you can set a password expiration period? And you used that feature and let it expire?

kevoogle

I'm not understanding a lot of what you are saying.

You have a genuine Windows 7 installation DVD that you purchased? If so, you actually have two DVDs--one for 32-bit and the other for 64-bit. All you have to do now is to install using the 64-bit DVD.

But trying to understand at least part of what you posted and to fill in the blanks it sounds to me like you started, at best, with a preinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate and had a Recovery partition. You neglected to make a set of Recovery DVDs and when you ran into some kind of trouble you had somebody else install a pirated Windows 7. Is this close to reality?

I have no idea what you mean by "Administrator Password Expired." With the Ultimate version you can set a password expiration period? And you used that feature and let it expire?
no dvd. I have no idead how my friend tech installed windows 7-32 bit . I'm sure he installed it from a dvd he has. my computer came with Windows 7 Home Premiun 64 bit. I had some problem and he felt I needed to re-install windows 7. The Tech , for some reason, didnt think about using my product key for Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit which is on the side of computer .he installed a 32 bit version of windows 7. when I got the computer back, 2 days later,my Administrator expired . Either it was set wrong expiration date or whatever he did ,I have no idea.I didnt know about such an expiration date. so now Im stuck and can not install or download or change settings. I do know I would like to get Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit back installed on my computer some way. thinking this installation I can use the product key which came with my computer . I'm also hoping if I get it installed I will be able to start over and program in a new Administrator password. I can care les about any files I have, its all crap anyways. I hope I answered a little bit more for you?
thank you ,kev

TerryNet

Terry
Thank you. Let me try again. :)

The computer came with Windows 7 64-bit installed and a Recovery (sometimes called "Restore") partition which could be used to "recover to factory defaults." You did not create a set of Recovery DVDs and you can no longer access the Recovery partition because "friend tech" destroyed that ability.

Your best option at this point is to see if you can purchase a set of Recovery DVDs from the PC manufacturer. If available the cost will probably be $10 - $20 US.

Another option is to find a co-worker, relative or friend with a 64-bit installation DVD to borrow. You can then use that to install Windows and use your Product key to activate it.

As an unsolicited and inappropriate comment on my part--I question your choice of "tech friend." :D A friend shouldn't do that to you and a "tech" shouldn't do that to anybody (except maybe to an enemy).

kevoogle

I just tried having Omnitech Support to fix this but because of my Administrator password problem(expired and not having a password,can not download or change settings) they can NOT HELP ME

DoubleHelix

Banned
Not knowing the current Administrator password for Windows has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to reinstall Windows. You need a Windows 7 64-bit installation disk. There's no way around that.

kevoogle

****Because of my Administrator Password problem (EXPIRED,NO PASSWORD,CAN NOT DOWNLOAD,CAN NOT CHANGE SETTINGS)OMNITECH SUPPORT CAN NOT HELP ME BECAUSE I CAN NOT DOWNLOAD.
windows 7 home premium 64 was re-installed with a 32 bit version.how can I re-install
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2815 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 620i, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 715401 MB, Free - 458361 MB;
Motherboard: eMachines, EMCP73VT-PM
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

**(I also have Malwarebytes Anti Malware )
-FULL VERSION,-BUT FOR SOME REASON IT WILL NOT TURN ON PROTECTION.
UNLESS I need to get it activated again from Malwarebytes since My system was restored????

1) A tech friend RE-INSTALLED my (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit) with a (32 bit Windows 7 )version. If I am able to re-install (Windows 7- 32 bit) back to it's original (Windows 7 - 64 bit) using my product key on side of computer, would I get the same problems back from when it originally had problems with the original Windows 7 64 bit and original product key on side of computer?
* As of now, I can not do a thing because my Administrator Password Expired. I had to create another Homegroup to enable me to work on it. STILL I CAN NOT DO A THING,
no downloading at all,
no changing settings,nothing.
I Can not update Adobe Flash Player
and probably can not re-install Windows 7- 32 bit back to it's original Windows 7-64 bit because of Expired Administrator Password.

2) How can I RE-INSTALL WHAT I HAVE Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit --Back to it's original Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit using the product key on side of computer without getting the screwed up problems it originally had when it was the 64 bit product key.
Am I making any sense, sorry I'm learning.
**OH!By doing this re-installment back to 64 bit Windows 7 WILL I BE ABLE to start over with a new Administrator Password and my Computer will be free of problems,AND WILL Malwarbytes Anti Malware turn on full protection?
:)I so Very Much Appreciate Your Help, I have Been Given Run arounds for awhile now and I can not afford to pay a Microsoft Tech for help. I use to have ,Last month ended from a 2 year service, Omnitech Service but can not afford them right now . I will donate to Tech Support Guy.
THANKS!
KEVOOGLE

valis

merged threads together. Please do not start duplicate threads on the same issue.

thanks,

v

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
kevoogle,
You need to do as DH has stated. Call the OEM of this machine, and get yourself a set of DVDs.
You will HAVE to do this to get your machine to the Factory state.

Or find a 64 bit DVD and then download all of the drivers from the OEM of this machine, and install them (Windows 7 64 bit and drivers).

TerryNet

Terry
Your "tech friend" did not reinstall your 64-bit version. He installed a 32-bit (perhaps pirated, but that's not relevant to getting back to 64-bit) version. DH, DaveA and I have all posted ways for you to install or "recover to factory defaults" to get back to a legitimate 64-bit version using your Product key to activate.

without getting the screwed up problems it originally had when it was the 64 bit product key
What was the 'screwed up problem" ?

As for the administrator expiring, usually it is the password that expires, and you are requested to put in another new password. So login to the admin account with the previous password and it will prompt you to put in a new one.

kevoogle

if you read my mess, Im sure it's difficult. My Administrator Password expired and do not have another password .I am unable to log in my password. thank you for your time.
kev

kevoogle

Howdy! Would I be able to do this procedure if My Administrator Password expired on me and do not have another to log into with. I can not download, change settings, well, you know. Would not loging into Administrator, which it will ask, stop the factory default ?
thank you vey much?
kev

kevoogle

I do not have the disc for windows, I have the windows 7 Product Key which is located on side of my Computer.
thanks
kev

DoubleHelix

Banned
Your expired Windows account password has nothing to do with reinstalling Windows.

You cannot reinstall Windows without a disk.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts