1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows 7 install on used HD problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bumbledor, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bumbledor

Bumbledor Thread Starter

I have a 500 Gig Western digital HD, that I was using for files, under xp.
    I cleared the files and reformatted it to a logical drive.
    Then removed the XP hard drive, so that only this drive appeared to the computer.

I loaded windows 7 disk to the CD/DVD drive and when it got to the 500 gig HD, it said it could not do anything.

whats up with this? It won't format it or anything.

Wait.. update.
    I had the option to delete this xp created partition. it did so. Then it formatted the drive for windows 7.. so as I was here typing this out, I figured out the problem.

And have decided to go ahead a post this, in case someone else has this problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice