1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 - Left Handed Mouse Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by something_else, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. something_else

something_else Thread Starter

It started about two weeks ago when I tried out a second USB mouse and since then, my mouse began resetting the buttons (to the standard for right-handed people). They set back (to left-handed) whenever I unplugged and replugged my mouse but the problem kept getting progressively worse to the point where I was unplugging and replugging every two minutes or so.

I tried to do a system restore a few days ago (when the problem reached that point) but the furthest I could restore was back five days so that failed to fix the problem. Today, my mouse was lagging and fully stopped working at points so I went into my mouse settings and uninstalled all the drivers in hopes that when I replugged my mouse, it would reinstall everything. Now, my mouse is fully right-handed and for the life of me, I can't change it back! I also can't System Restore because my computer happened to do an update RIGHT AFTER. An update that deleted my previous Restore Points!

These problems are driving me nuts and are incredibly inconvenient. I don't have time to do a back-up of my whole system and reformat seeing as I have to leave on Friday. But there are still things I want to do before then and I want to do it with a computer that isn't driving me up the wall! I'd also like to come back to a working mouse.

Any information you guys require, I will be happy to provide to the best of my ability.

Thank you!

- Something Else

Attached Files:

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

I would go to the Vendor site and see if there are Updated drivers for your Mouse and give that a try.
    When you said you tried a second mouse, did you go to your Control panel to double check to see if you now have 2 mouses (MICE :) ) now installed?

3. something_else

something_else Thread Starter

RaytheBear, I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

While the Vendor site that you referred me to didn't give me any help, it led me to ANOTHER resource that did.

What happened was that I looked up the mouse (Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse) and drivers for Windows 7 on the website and it tried to install a program called Microsoft Intellipoint. My computer already stated that I had it installed so curiously, I ran to Google and looked it up further. Apparently, Microsoft Intellipoint causes people's mouse to reset, lag or even full-on freeze.

After briefly reading some instructions on how to uninstall the software (and actually uninstalling it), the problem was fixed! My mouse now operates as a left-handed mouse again!

Thank you kindly and cheers!

- Something Else

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Happy to see that you solved your problem and more sweet is that you did it before your Friday deadline.

Take care
    Ray

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice