1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 looking like its in safe mode even though its not

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by manz, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. manz

manz Thread Starter

Well basically i tried to improve my laptops performance and before i was gonna make any changes i wanted to make recovery point. i tried to do this but an error came saying some about the volume shadow. so i went into system and started it and put it on automatic. i was asked to restart my PC and after that a blck screen started to come saying the drivers need to be checked for consistancy. Now when i log in in the normal mode it looks like its in safge mode. i cant connect to the internet, i am not able to open apps. my icons are normal size but i am unable to do anything on it. PLease Help Me. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Please run this forum's system info utility & post the results in your next reply.
    http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links
    If applicable, please provide your computer's brand, model & model #.

Most likley your computer is using basic display settings.

When did the computer last work well? When did the problem begin? Sometimes the exact date is important.

What changed; a hardware or software installation or removal; an update to W7 [ check your W7 update history ] or update to your anti malware or other antimalware program / programs ]; an update to Java or an Adobe program for example?

Control Panel
    upper right, set "view" to large icons
    Open Display
    Upper left, go to "display settings"
    Please provide a screen shot.

In control panel, open "device manager"
    Maximize the screen
    View > display hidden devices
    Left click the "+" to the left of "display adapters"
    Create a screen shot.

Use W7's snipping tool, or follow the instructions, below
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Use-Snipping-Tool-to-capture-screen-shots

or
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

screenshot

On your keyboard, look for a key labeled "print screen" OR "PrtSc" OR "PRN SCN" or some variation.
    When you want to capture that which is displayed, press the print screen button.
    Open Paint [ start > programs / all programs > accessories > paint [ rarely MS Paint]
    Maximize Paint
    left click "edit"
    Left click "paste"
    file > save as.
    Save the file to any location of your choice.
    File name: your choice, for example: "filename"
    save as type: left click down pointing arrow. Left click jpg / jpeg
    Left click "save" / "ok".

The file name has now been saved as filename.jpg [ or filename.jpeg ].

Return to the thread.
    Left click "go advanced".

Left click "manage attachments"
    left click "browse"
    browse to the location, on your computer, where you saved "filename.jpg"
    Left click filename.jpg
    left click "open"
    left click Upload"
    close window of upload screen after the file has been uploaded.

enter text into the reply area.
    left click "submit"

If there is information on the screen that you don't want to display, you can use the eraser [ looks like a bar of soap, left column, 2nd from the top. You can remove large areas by clicking on the dotted outline column button, top, right column, then drag your mouse while holding down left mouse button ] to surround that which you don't want displayed. Then, press "delete" on your keyboard. Then save.

RF123

3. stap9

stap9

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

Clearly you are not in a position to complete any of the suggestions made above, but, can you boot into Safe Mode with Networking? If so can you get anything to run and connect to the internet?

Do you have a Windows 7 retail disc? as we may need it for repairs.

If not do you have access to another PC with the same bit rate (32 or 64bit) version of Windows 7 on it, if so you can make a Repair disc as follows.

Click on Start > Control Panel and select Backup and Restore. In the left hand pane select Create a System Recovery disc and follow the prompts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice