1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 mouse issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wowelite, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wowelite

wowelite Thread Starter

I solved the issue by reinstalling Windows.

Hey,

I have recently started to play games on my windows 7 64x (higher end) pc. But in some games (for example Planet Side 2, Oblivion, Chivalary, Red Faction) my mouse cursor bugs out.

What would happen is that every 1-2 minutes, the mouse cursor would snap to an random edge of the screen. This only happens in game while playing. It isnt stuck, it just jumps there, screwes up my view on the game and makes it impossible to play games. At first i thought this was a hardware issue, so i changed my Razer DeathAdder to an Razer Mamba. The problem however was still occurring. So i googled around, but i was unable to find a fitting answer. I tried uninstalling the Razer drivers, and using windows default drivers, which didnt work. Then i tried StopMouseJumping, which didnt work either. So i decided to ask on this forum if someone may knows the solution to this.

Would really approve some help :)

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16338 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, -1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 122101 MB, Free - 14413 MB; D: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 1159749 MB; F: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 1583952 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, Z77A-G43 (MS-7758)
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled
    Mouse: Razer Mamba 2012 edition

EDIT:
    Also tried different mouse-pads, which didnt help.

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. wowelite

wowelite Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Here is the info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16338 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, -1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 122101 MB, Free - 14413 MB; D: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 1159749 MB; F: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 1583952 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, Z77A-G43 (MS-7758)
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice