Solved: windows 7 new laptop sound quit working need help fast

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xfile47

windows 7 Laptop
built in sound
Dell
Inspiron
had sound working and a few days later lady calls me and said it don't work now, don't no what they did, speaker has red x and can't get anysound

only has headset plugins for bluetooth say you can also plug in powered speakers into one but that didn't work either, keeps saying everything is unplugged when nothing should have to be plugged in any way , need help asap please

xfile47

windows 7 new laptop sound quit working need help fast
windows 7 Laptop
built in sound
Dell
Inspiron
had sound working and a few days later lady calls me and said it don't work now, don't no what they did, speaker has red x and can't get anysound

only has headset plugins for bluetooth say you can also plug in powered speakers into one but that didn't work either, keeps saying everything is unplugged when nothing should have to be plugged in any way , need help asap please

it hass sound at first she could hear cards shuffleing in a game and differndt sounds here is some of what was on the computer I read it as one of those intregrated sound cards

ALSO INCLUDED WITH YOUR SYSTEM

SYSTEM Inspiron 17R
VIDEO CARD Intel HD Graphics/HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1.6GB Dynamic Video Memory
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive) with Roxio Creator 2011
FACIAL RECOGNITION SOFTWARE Integrated 1.0 mega pixel widescreen HD Webcam
DISPLAY 17.3" HD+ (1600 x 900) LED Display with TrueLife™
SYSTEM COLOR Switch by Design Studio - Diamond Black
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card
Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat X Reader
SOUND OPTIONS HD Audio 2.0 Support SRS™ Premium Sound
WIRELESS CARDS Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030, 1x2 bgn + Bluetooth
BATTERY OPTIONS 48 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Regional Base Components DAO English Regional Base Components
Miscellaneous FREE 1YR Subscription to Shockwave Unlimited.
Thank You for Choosing Dell Q1705_016/Roxio Upsell/BTO/C5

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
I've combined your two threads together, please only start one thread per issue.

As for the problem, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers? They should be available on the Dell website. Also if its a new laptop then she should have free warranty service from Dell.

Edit: Do not continue to post duplicates, you have been warned, I have deleted those threads after merging these threads.

xfile47

Fine, I told you I couldn't find it , I like to go to quicklinks then subscribed threads to check on my threads but can't now, like I said I never post dublicates and thought I had deleted the others so again , I am sorry sure would like to be able to use quicklinks, oh well, thanks

xfile47

solved , chat sesssion with dell they took over remotely and it is bad part sending it and a tech to fix it I will mark it solved

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online