1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 not reconnecting to network shares

Discussion in 'Networking' started by don_1953, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don_1953

don_1953 Thread Starter

I am finally switching over my work computer from Windows XP to Windows 7.

I have multiple network connections I connect to when I boot up. I've set myself as a new user on the servers I have to connect to, Windows 7 asked me to put in my username and password for each share, all connects fine but when I shutdown and restart, I see all my Shares as red x'ed "disconnected" and as I click on each one, I have to put in my username and password again. Windows XP always remembered my connections and logged me onto each share at boot up. I've checked "remember my credentials" but it's not doing it,

Am I missing something? on any restart or shutdown, I have to click on each share and put in my login credentials.

2. don_1953

don_1953 Thread Starter

OK, I figured this out, using a Computer Name as recognized by the network rather than my username, it remembers and logs me in when I restart. Not really sure why this makes a difference, but as long as it works, one less thing to worry about.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice