1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows 7 product key behind the battery what is it

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by green_stuff, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. green_stuff

green_stuff Thread Starter

theres a sticker behind the battery when i pulled the battery off i noticed it and it has the product key of windows 7 i think, how can i download that version of windows and activate it using that product key if that is actually possible, i just wanna know how i can use it here is an image of it i found online

[​IMG]

i found sooo many pictures and it shows the product keys, arent this ppl afraid their ^product key will be used by others?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't provide the brand name and model name and model number of that laptop, and you didn't advise if it's working or if it's inoperable.

If the Windows 7 version (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc.) and the 25-character product key are clearly readable on that COA sticker, you can reinstall that Windows version and activate it with that product key ONLY in that laptop.

Here is one of several locations that you can download the bootable ISO file for the needed Windows 7 version.

After it's been downloaded and saved, it needs to be burned to a blank DVD-R.

-----------------------------------------------------------

3. green_stuff

sweeeeet , thats what i need and yes the laptop is a dell latitude e6420 , i bought it from a guy still in great shape well at the moment, but it has a cracked version of windows and i would like to have a fully legal one so i can turn the updates on

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    What is the service tag number of the laptop (or better the Express Service Tag number (this will tell you what OS the particular laptop had installed from the factory)).

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Submit the requested numbers in post #4.

The Dell Latitude E6420 laptop is about 4 years old and probably came with Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional, 32-bit or 64-bit.

--------------------------------------------------------

6. green_stuff

express service trag : 41469390685
    and the sticker that is behind the battery says windows 7 pro OA and under tht it says dell then under it is product key

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    According to Dell your Latitude shipped with Min 7 Pro originally but the current configuration has Win 7 Ultimate, going by the Express Service Code dated 12/22/2014. And the country of sale was France. Does this seem to match what you have? The Ultimate may actually be a pirated version of windows though.

8. green_stuff

yeah it does it has an azerty keybaord which is what france uses, so if i download and burn the iso image of windows ultimate and enter that key it will activate it 100 % ? how could it be pirated if it has the product key

9. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You stated that it has a cracked (Pirated) copy of windows on it. What is the version that is presently on it? If it is Ultimate then that is the racked version. It is possible to download pirated versions with Key Codes. It is illegal though. As I stated according to Dell your computer came from the factory with Win 7 Pro on it. You would need a COA with the Win 7 Ultimate Product key to install a legitimate copy of Win 7 Ultimate.

10. green_stuff

now i have a cracked windows 7 ultimate service pack 1 but i always have to keep the updates off and i dont like that, just tell if i burn the iso image on a dvd and reinstall windows using it and enter the key when it asks me to, will that work and which service pack or that doesn't matter ?. i dont wanna go through all that if it wont really work

11. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You nee to determine the bit rate version you have either 32 bit or 64 bit. Then download the proper bit rate windows 7 Pro iso and burn it to DVD. here is the site to download the ISO file from http://techdows.com/2011/07/downloa...h-sp1-iso-official-direct-download-links.html Be sure to write down the Product key correctly so that you can in put the product key when asked. Another thing is you will want to go the Dell Support site and download th proper drivers for installation after Windows is running. Here is the support page for your laptop http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/J1TSYN1/diagnose?s=BSD you don't have to worry about the BIOS, but starting from the Chipset Driver down you will need.

12. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the Dell support site that's assigned only to your Dell Latitude E6420 laptop.

You should add and save this site in your browser's favorites/bookmarks list so you can quickly refer to it when needed.

According to its original system configuration section, it came with Windows 7 Professional.

The COA sticker on that laptop says "Windows 7 Pro OA", so that's confirmed.

You cannot install Windows 7 Ultimate and activate it with the product key on the COA sticker.

It has to be Windows 7 Professional.

--------------------------------------------------------

13. valis

valis Moderator

And we are going to need to see the MGA report from the final installed product as well prior to working on it.

thanks,

v

14. green_stuff

wonderful thnx alot everyone i will do this soon

15. valis

valis Moderator

just a reminder; before you start any other threads, you will be asked for the MGA report. This is what MS uses to verify authenticity of the Operating System. As you have admitted to using a cracked OS, we will need that before any work is done.

thanks,

v

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice