1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 Random BSOD on Windows Update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JoeyG, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

Hello working on A Dell Inspiron 570 Desktop and All was well until I try to install windows updates.. It crashes with the Error *** STOP:0x0000003B (0x00000000c0000005, 0xFFFFF80002BA8614, 0xFFFFF88004E2BFA0, 0X0000000000000000) any thoughts? THANKS in advance..

2. ProMedic

ProMedic

Hi, are all your drivers up-to-date (video, chipset, motherboard, etc...). Are you using any IEEE 1394 devices or has there been any changes to your hardware?

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

No, there was no hardware changes. This was a computer straight out of the box, I have no fire wire peripheals hooked up to it, and I also tried Diagnostics and all hardware passed.. BSOD would happen Random, but especially when Downloading Windows Updates.. I tried multiple clean reinstalls from recovery partition, and even went as far as replacing HDD and reinstalling with CD, still same dilemmas. I feel it may be a mobo issue, I am in the process of returning it now, Though I guess this is technically now "solved", I would like to hear your expert opinion on what else I could or should have done? This was a peculiar problem/mystery for me.. THANKS..

4. hssonline

hssonline

Reason could be any it is hard to say... if you can provide the minidump file then we can see what went wrong.

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

ah, how do I save the dump file?.. I am no expert on BSOD, I thought the code was that.. I apologize for my ignorance..

6. j0hnx777

j0hnx777

View Reliability Monitor. You can uninstall the updates in the control panel's Program and Features item.

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

I just got new same exact model, all is good now THANKS!!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065383