1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 resolution problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Katarina, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Katarina

Katarina Thread Starter

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Vista Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I have a problem with the resolution now. The monitor I use was supported in Vista for resolution 2560x1600 but now the highest I have is 1280x800. I can't get it any higher, when I go back to Vista /same Dual-link cable, same monitor, same PC/ it shows 2560x1600 correctly, once I go Windows 7 - it only displays 1280x800. I have tried every driver update /Dell monitor3007WFP, ATI Radeon HD6950/ but nothing helps. I first thought its my monitors' driver problem but after I researched online, it seems that many people have same problems with the resolution once they go Windows 7 /no matter the pc or monitor brand/. Can you please help? I would appreciate any help in being able to run this at 2560x1600 resolution.

Thank you Katarina

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Should we assume that at this site you've read the "20870: Guide on how to install ..." and tried the "Automatically detect and install the right driver" and read anything else there that may relate?

4. Katarina

Katarina Thread Starter

I ended up getting the new monitor of different brand because I was convinced that there lies my problem. So I got the new one - and everything is working correctly.
    It drove me mad. I tried everything. Changing for new cables, updating the drivers of both, the graphic card and of the monitor /I even contacted Dell's support where I said I am not able to download the best driver so they sent me the direct link for it/. I love the graphic cards and never had problem with Radeons but for the first time I had the monitor from Dell. Their support was horrible. They said it's my graphic or OS problem. Of course! So when nothing helped, I decided not to worry anymore and go shopping. Now I have no problems.
    But thank you guys for trying to help me with this. Katarina

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Strange issue, for sure. Thanks for posting what you had to do to get it solved. :)

You can mark this solved using the [​IMG] button at the upper left of the page.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice