Solved: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)will not install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vipers

I have an Acer Aspire 5551-2036 running Windows 7 Home Premium. Each time I download SP1 and attempt to install it, the configuration gets to 8% then fails. I have ran System Update Readiness, troubleshooter, uninstalled all anti virus software, cleared out cache and deleted previous installed files that could cause problems.... short of restoring my unit is there another solution?

texasbullet

Ramon
Have you checked if SP1 is already installed in your computer.

Click start/right click computer/select "properties".

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I have an Acer Aspire 5551-2036 running Windows 7 Home Premium. Each time I download SP1 and attempt to install it, the configuration gets to 8% then fails.
The Acer Aspire 5551-2036 laptop supposedly came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and was introduced shortly before the Service Pack 1 upgrade for Windows 7 was released in March 2011 (almost 4 years ago).

Why are you just now trying to upgrade it to Service Pack 1?

------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It is an old unit I didn't use for years.....
Since we don't know what issues and debris it had before you stopped using it, reinstalling Windows 7 Home Premium and getting a fresh start with it may be your best option.

-----------------------------------------------------------

vipers

I have done a complete virus/malware cleanup with Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, Panda, Webroot.

plodr

Liz
I had a computer that I spent more than a week on, doing everything to get SP1 installed. It just would not do it.
I finally resorted to downloading the ISO of Win 7 Home Prem with SP1. I burned the ISO to a DVD then I used my serial number on my COA and installed it that way.

Unfortunately the ISOs for Win 7 with SP1 have been moving around and closing so it is not easy to point you to a download that is guaranteed to work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online