1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7 setup won't see IDE HDD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nickolodeon, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nickolodeon

Nickolodeon Thread Starter

Hi everybody.
    I have installed new mobo Biostar TA785G3, cpu and was forced into installing new OS, since WinXP on my HDD now fails to start and most likely it is due to a major hardware change.
    Since this new mobo has only one IDE controller in it and I don't have money for new SATA drive, I've decided to hook 1 DVD drive and 1 HDD onto that IDE wire. Now my system block is dissasembled having DVD drive lying on top since the distance btwn IDE connectors is too short(
    Main problem: when I try to install Windows 7 by booting from DVD disk in the "Where do you want to install Windows?" I don't see that IDE hard drive.
    If I boot from Ubuntu CD, in the graphic shell I can work with IDE drive and in fact that was how I copyied all the neccessary file to my iPOD to restore them later.
    Any suggestions?

2. Nickolodeon

Nickolodeon Thread Starter

Ok, don't laugh: under effect of dissapointment with not being able to use dvd and hdd one 1 IDE wire I forgot to plugin my hdd into power supply.
    However I will be back on this forum with other questions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice