1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 7x64 Install freezes and pc rebbot itself.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Toti, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Hi guys, Beforehand forgive my English not my first language and thanks for help and assistance.

This is my new build and this is what it's happening:

I set to Boot into DVD/CD
    Place my Microsoft Windows 7x 64 ultimate Disc in tray.
    Black screen appears with a loading bar saying " Loading files" .
    Another screen appears with "blue sky" and the dove and there is were all computer Froze (no mouse or keyboard) for about 3 minutes!
    And then the computer reboot itself :eek: !!

This are my specs:
    Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3
    Intel Corei7 2600K 3.4GHz 8MB.
    Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz
    eVGa Ge-Force GTX560TiFPB 1GB.
    Antec EarthWatts EA750W ATX12V.
    HD Maxtor model 6L200S0 diamond max.SATA 200GB
    HD Western Digital WD500AAKS 500GB caviar blue.
    Asus 24x DVDRW SATA black.

I have set in Bios the HD's as IDE's......but I'm missing something and don't know now what else to do, feel pretty baffled.
    I been searching in the forums .but still haven't found something that point me in the right direction for my case.

Note:
    I use to have the O.S. installed in the HD WD500AAKS the Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit .
    So I use gparted-live-0.8.1.3 to wipe both HD's partitions and formatted as NTFS both.
    But still Windows7x64 Install don't go :(

Thanks for help.
    :eek:
    Toti

2. JTaylor91

JTaylor91

Hi there Toti,

This issue could be caused by many thing but my first port of call is the CD.

Do you have another CD you can use?

Has the CD worked before this issue?

3. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

hi JTaylor91

The CD/DVD it,s brand new... all is new , except for the 2 Hard drives.
    The DVDRW came with a Install disc, but I don't know if it will boot ok.

I'll tryit right now and In case not... I'll have an old DVDRW. I'll install this after trying the DVDRW disc install.

brb.

4. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

No it didn't work, cant boot that install update for the DVDRW :(
    And about the other CD/DVDRW... it's gonne ..so no... now I don't have another CD/DVD.

any other ideas?

5. sabo10

sabo10

Just a thought, and sorry if you already checked this but is the CD/DVD clean? I've had times where even a small speck of dirt on the dvd will hose up an app

6. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Yes I took it out and is clean.

7. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Well..now I try a different approach.

I took my Windows7x64 DVD install disc and made a bootable USB with the O.S.in it.
    To see if it allow me to install the operation system now... guess what.... Fail again Freezes at screen (blue sky and white dove "bird") it froze for about 4 mins. and then Reboot itself ! :(

So that discard my DVDRW error, guys what could it be...
    Bad BIOS settings?

Thanks for help.

8. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Today I will try to boot with just one drive and just 4 gigs.of ram to see if it goes.
    I,m ruling out possibilities ...but my knowledge into bios is not to good.

I can't take out the videocard from Mobo , because it don't have integrated graphics...so no chipset... videocard ruled out.
    No sound card as well.
    Power source 750 watts!!...... I don't know , maybe is not to much watts to boot? I will make more search into that , ( But the guys in the shop told me that this power source 750Watts, will have enough "juice" to manage the Motherboard , 2 hard drives ,the Intel i7 and the videocard eVGA560. ?! )
    so...... what did I mess in my build ?

A wrong setting in my BIOS?

9. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Ok back....

Now I tried the install Just into one single Drive the W7x64 into the 500gb Western Digital SATA caviar blue.
    Plugged into SATA3_0 the other drive is unplugged from power source and unplugged from SATA3_1

Well that didn't work, no install ...but now the difference is, that it froze (computer Locks) on the window of preference of language to Install.

=====================

Now I will try the other Hard Drive the Maxtor 200GB and see if it Install.

brb.
    ---------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Ok ...so now I tried with the just the drive Maxtor 200Gb. and plugged into SATA3_0
    And nothing.... it froze as well, but this one in the screen of the blue sky and the white dove"bird".

I even run again gparted to delete partition and format the Drive into file system NTFS and it didn't run well the installation :( .

I run memtest and all ok.

So I don't know what could it be or my hard drives that are kaput or my power source that don't have enough power?
    Or are my settings in my BIOS ?

I need more coffee :(

HeLP!

10. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Now I tried connecting the Hard drive Western Digital SATA II caviar blue intoSATA2_2 compatible with SATA1.5GB.standard and in the screen of the logo of windows just froze (locked computer) and the image of the flag got with lines all screw up!

So no go into SATA2_2 :( .

what else could I try.

11. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

So look what i found.

Before thinking to go a go buy a new HD , I decide to try my old Install disc of Windows XP 64bit.

So I set to boot into DVD and guess what the Install ran with no problem !!

I saw that both hard drives, were as I did in gparted-Live formated as NTFS, but taking no chances now I use the selection and delete those partitions and make new ones and now drives are RAW.

So I exit F3 the Install and Try installing W7Ultimatex 64 and I ended as before, computer locks in blue screen with the "bird". grrrrr!

Now I'm very confused ?

So is not my Build ?? my hardware ?

Any Ideas what going on?

12. mel8again

mel8again

13. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Ok... back from more testing into the hardware.

After trying installing Windows XP. 64bit and after the reformat of the old 500GB Hd Western Digital.
    and after had the computer locked in the fail Install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

I went and bought another HD 500GB SATAIII Western Digital blue caviar.

Installed and place the Install disc of W.7x64 Ultimate in SATA3_0 connector and in SATA2_2 the DVDRW.
    In Bios appears as HD Master and DVDRW as Slave.
    I have set it the PCH SATA Control Mode as IDE
    I set the eSATA3 Ctrl. Mode as IDE
    And set eSATA3 Transaction Mode to FW Mode
    f10 save reboot

Set to boot into DVD , DVDW7x64 into tray, boot Load files and then after windows flag screen Blue with dove"bird" and....computer locks in that screen .......again froze and after 3 mins. System reboot itself ........and loop of the same thing, reboot,load files bar, flag screen ,blue screen"sky"..... froze... over and over again.

I don't know what settings in the Bios I'm missing ?

So I just turn off the system and I'm thinking that maybe is the power source?
    With 750watts not enough to boot a O.S. ? so how much do I need to make my computer to run a W7x64 bit with all this hardware?

honestly I'm trying to solve this, but my knowledge is pretty limited in Bios settings , but learning in the process.
    I read some other ppl.having the same " similar" issues at the Install of W7x64 and some have disable USB support, power source change,update Bios firmware,enable VGA graphics.

But in my case I don't have Integrated graphics so I can't do that Instead I select in BIOS PCI instead of PICe 16xor 8x.

I tried USB disable but I just have one SP2 connector in the Mobo, so If I do that I cant use the mouse in the next stage of Install , my keyboard is SP2 and if I disconnect it give a BOOTMGR error....so no go .

Bios Update the latest.

---------------------------------------

Hi melSaigan ....no didn't install it froze at time of Install :(
    But the Partition and Formatting worked !... but Fail at the time of Install O.S. files !

--------------------------------------

trying my best.

I need a fresh coffee now.
    Help guys!!
    thanks.

14. mel8again

mel8again

First of all your hard drive is a sata 3 and should be in sata2-2 and your DVD drive should be in sata2 -3. Go into the bios and reset it to default and restart.

15. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Ok..... I'll try that mel8again to put the Hd in SATA2-2 and DVD in SATA2-3

But setting the BIOS to default it's going to put my HD into AHCI and in that settings the bios don't (recognize)see my hard drive and dvd and don't boot to instalation...... but I'll try :) worth the shot.

Thanks for read my post and idea!!

Gonna grab a new coffee and hands on .

brb.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1000057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice