1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 8.1 apps

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jeremyff, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeremyff

jeremyff Thread Starter

I recently re-installed windows 8.1 and none of the windows apps work - they just hang.
    I have used the sundry tools recommended by other web users - no luck.
    Any help will be appreciated

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8122 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -2016 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 433523 MB, Free - 369910 MB; D: Total - 19300 MB, Free - 2158 MB; F: Total - 499998 MB, Free - 414468 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2282
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled Avast in use

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

Jeremy, what was the reason for the reinstall..?

Usually one would only do a complete reinstall if you were having serious problems. Perhaps the reason for the reinstall is somehow related to the Apps hanging....?

T.

3. jeremyff

jeremyff Thread Starter

I was having wird computer problems and was afraid that I had a virus!! I put the computer back to factory settings then re-installed Windows 8.1. I am unable to open any of the apps; the Windows Store message "We weren't able to connect to the store.This might happen because of a server problem or the network connection might have timed out. (Ox80072ee2). I have changed my anti virus from Avast to Avira - still have same problem. I have used the Windows apps diagnostic tool as well as several other suggestions picked up on line.

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

Jeremy, how do you login - with a Local Account or a Microsoft Account..?

T.

5. jeremyff

jeremyff Thread Starter

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143003

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice