1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 8.1 Freezing On Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Jbrown832, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jbrown832

Jbrown832 Thread Starter

Hi,

Since I've updated to 8.1 my laptop is taking a long to boot up and when it finally does load it's slow as hell.

I'll then be playing Football Manager and when I hit the windows key to go back to my desktop it freezes. I've tried opening task manager and that freezes too, the only thing that functions properly is the metro screen.

I thinking it's a compatibility issue with a program that's causing it.

Specs:

Dell Inspiron 7250
    Intel Core i7 3612QM @2.10GHz
    6gb RAM
    Windows 8.1 Pro

Any help/suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. Jbrown832

Jbrown832 Thread Starter

In fact I don't think any of my programs are compatible with 8.1. All my security, graphics have been force closed, the only thing running it my bluetooth in the toolbar.

3. Plonkey

Plonkey

I had a problem with windows 8.1 with freezing & sometimes loosing internet connection I solved it by downloading a new Ethernet driver realtek replacing the other solved my problems

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1112891