1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows 8 apps won't open

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mattistech, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mattistech

mattistech Thread Starter

Only some of my apps wont open like photos or maps but the app store and ie work so what's going on? I know for a fact that its not a resolution problem.

2. ETech7

ETech7

Any error messages?

3. mattistech

nope it dosent even try to open

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

"photos" is not a program. That's a file type. I haven't installed Windows 8 yet, but I'm sure it's capable of opening pictures.

5. mattistech

actuallt I have just realized that only internet explorer and the windows store are the only full screen apps that open. some of the apps that don't open are calendar,people,videos,weather,photos, and messaging.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You must have a bad install if most of the apps don't open.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I think that the problem is some combination of your machine, Windows 8 and the Apps; and suspect that there is nothing you can do about it. I had the same type of problem with the Consumer Preview and Release Preview installed as a VirtualBox guest on two different laptops. The exact problems varied over those four installations. When I installed Windows 8 RP directly on one of the laptops that problem went away (but other weirdness remained). My conclusion was and is that Windows 8 is very dependent on the hardware for correct operation.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067397