1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 8 Remote Assistance

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Silvers, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Silvers

Silvers Thread Starter

Anyone happen to know if Windows 8 Remote Assistance will work with an XP machine over the web? In this case the XP user will be helping the Win 8 user. Thanks, Bob

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I do not know of any reason why it wouldn't. The question is whether the XP user knows enough about Windows 8 to help. :)

3. Silvers

Silvers Thread Starter

Well, this XP user only knows enough to stay out of serious trouble :) I just returned home from setting up a new Lenovo with Win 8 but ran out of time with the user & she needs more help. Since I don't have Win 8 on any of my PCs it will be difficult to assist without seeing what she is seeing. Hence the question. Thanks for your response; I will learn Windows 8 as I go along & try not to do much damage along the way.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you run into any trouble or limitations with Remote Assistance give TeamViewer a try.

5. Silvers

Silvers Thread Starter

OK, will do. Thanks again.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You may want to or even need to update your RDP client on Windows XP though, if you've been keeping up-to-date on your Microsoft Updates then it has been included as an optional update for older O/S's. Here's the article link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969084

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice