Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Windows 8 remote connection issue.

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
I have been having a lot of issues concerning connectivity between a HP pavilion with windows 7 home installed and an Acer with Windows 8 that's used as a remote computer at a friends house. Having tried various different programs the issue remains the same. The HP will remain online, and the Acer will unexpectedly disconnect and display either limited connection, a false 'no internet connection', or will end up resulting to the windows log in screen. While on the HP computer side will display 'user not accepting connection requests at this time'.

When first testing both computers on the same router, it was a long process to get all the kinks out but both responded like they should even when using Chrome Remote Desktop. I'm tempted to get into researching the drivers for a windows 7 compatible download and just put 7 on the Acer and transfer the settings.

I'm getting to wits end with Windows 8, but if there is a way to solve this it wold be greatly appreciated.

(Remote connections used- Chrome Remote Desktop, Team Viewer 8, VCM, and Log Me In)

#3 ·
We its really looking like it is but I haven't had a chance to get the laptop and view the system log to confirm it and whats tipping it off. Under the HP system log I can see it trying to connect, but it only replies in a connection not being responsive. I had the same issues when both computers were on the same network and I had all the kinks out, settings enabled, all the way to uninstalling/disabling the fire wall completely and tinkering with it until I could pinpoint it. When all of that was said and done and kept a connection for a good 5 hours or so testing my network and my friends network alone, it worked great. Now I get a connection for about 1 hour and when I try connecting again, it locks me out and becomes non responsive like a 3 year old kid with an attitude.

#4 ·
Alright I got the computer back and noticed its only a wireless N and my friends network supports wireless G, which I'm guessing is where some of the issues are coming from. Correct me if I'm wrong but would that cause issues with internet dropping from time to time??

#6 ·
Hmm, then im really not sure why the computer is acting so weak. Its not even 2 months old, I cleaned all the useless stuff off. Its all up to date, even 4.0 frame work on it. Yet it forgets its connected to a network. When first started it had a few troubles when connected with an ethernet cable. I mean how on earth does it start tripping over itself on a network when wired to a router. It asked me what wireless router i wanted to connect to when im staring at the cable blinking at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.