Solved: Windows 98--about antivirus, wondering if anyone knows?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xfile47

I wanted to know
If you have dial up and you have McAfee antivirus, you have it set to run every friday at say 8:00 does the computer have to be on for it to run? I know it sounds kind of dumb but I say it has to be on, a friend and I are having a disagreement about it. If you have dial up and you your computer is turned off then it has no power so it couldn;t run a scan, right? I mean I know you don't have to be on the internet to run the antiviurs scan but the computer had to at least be on doesn't it? He says it will run anyway, I told him not unless the computer is on, can you tell me who is right??

There is no script or program that can turn on the power to a computer. You are right in that your pc will do nothing unless there is power to it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online