1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 98 and/or 98SE-question about burning CDs, is there a record tab etc-Question

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by xfile47, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

I haven't been on windows 98 or 98SE alot so I was wondeing, If you put a Cd-writer (burner) in a computer with windows 98 or 98se (which I just did) why when ;you go to my computer and right click on the E dirve is there not a recording tab and other tabs like in windows xp, I know the answer will probably be------because your not using XP----------But I was wondering. The one I put in had NERO with it and I like NERO anyway however I would like to know for future purposes.

Why when you go to mycomputer and right click on the E drive (the burner) don't you have the recording tab and the rest like XP. I like doing it that way in XP where you can move all files or copy files and then go to the burner and say write these files to cd.

Does windows 98 or 98SE have this and I am just missing it or is a burning program like NERO or another the only way to use the burning in 98 or 98SE?

Thanks for the help

2. apt@dumb

[email protected]

lol, you answered your own question, windows 95,98,98se,and ME don't support cd burning, except with 3rd party software. When you purchase any of the NT systems (ie: xp, NT 4, Server 2003, 2000 PRO etc...) all have the NT kernel which if you look during your install say " Windows (whatever version) is built on NT technology" and "You now have built in CD burning" soon and perhaps with the upcoming service pack 2, it will start coming with DVD burning capability.

I believe the only windows kernel out that currently supports cd burning is the NT one

3. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Thanks, that is funny cause I figured it was something like that, I appreciate you getting to me. I will close this thread. I always figure if I learned something then it was not a lost day. Thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/442043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice