1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 98- Just a question about how HJT Saves to desktop?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by xfile47, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Windows 98

Does anyone know what the problem with a computer would be if it is doing the following

When you run HJT it runs fine and does what it is suppose to do, However, when you go to save a backup like at first when you save the file I save it to the HJT file I have, and then when the next box pops up where you can save it to the desktop or a floppy or whereever the windows 98 won;t save it right. I click save as and I always save a copy to the desktop and then I can put it on a floppy or what ever I want. It always saves as a txt file. This windows 98 computer saves it as an Internet explorer file like when you save a website, the file has the big blue e on it. That is the way it saves it, it does not save it as a txt file. What is wrong and why would it do that? I have never run into this problem before. Can someone explain?

One more question

I dont have the whole HJT Log cause like I said it wouldn't save and the compuiter is not at my house, I also wanted to no, there was an 013 line in the HJT Log.

013 preview http://
    I read that if it was preview http:// and then some other stuff it would be coolwebsearch on your computer to get rid of it but this one just ends with the http://
    that is the default for windows however I have not seen it in a HJT Log before. So is it alright to leave it?

2. wacor

wacor Banned

when you go to save to desktop i suspect you are not changing the file type to text. that it is coming up by default to save as a web page.

have you got the HJT running on the desktop when it needs to be in a C or D drive ??

3. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

rNo, I always put it iin the C drive. If I remember right I looked at how it was saving and in the dropdown box at the bottom where you would normally choose how to save it when I opened it the only other choice was all files. so it didn't give me a choice. Any other time I have saved HJT lOGS on a computer it is no problem, click to save it and I always go to the c drive and the HJT folder I made and save it and then after you click save there the other little box pops up and I open the top drop down box and click desktop and then just click save cause it alrready has the name I had typed in for the file and presto, it is then it a txt doc on the desktop. I have always done it that way. Any other options you can think of?

4. wacor

wacor Banned

not sure what to add other than did you look in the HJT folder for it. i dont save mine to desk top and the scan results are always in the HJT folder. I think each time you scan it over writes the prior scan results unless you first change the name of the existing scan before you rescan.

5. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

The way I said I did it, that way it saved a backup in the HJT Folder in the c drive and I also would have one on the desktop that I then could look at or copy and paste for techguys or what ever I wanted so I always would save on both places. I will have to play around alittle more with this one and see if there is a setting off somewhere. I thank you much for your time and help. I will close this thread, Thanks agaain

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/438161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice