1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windows audio service turns itself off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Greencz, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Greencz

Greencz Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am new here, so sorry if I already broke some kind of rule. Here is my problem:

I bought new parts for my pc... Well it was nearly everything except HDD and now I can't get sound running. Sound icon at bottom right has that traditional white X in red circle and when I move my mouse over it, it says: "The Audio service is not running."
    If I click on it and that troubleshooting pops up, it tries to turn service on. Problem is I get another error. "One or more sound services are not running." (I am sorry if that's not exact translation I am using Czech Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. When I try to run it manually it sometimes works and service turns on (but I can't still hear sounds) and then after while it turns off again. After several tries I can't even turn that service on again. I just get error: "Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service in Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedely."

I am starting to be bit desperate. Is there a way how to fix the sound without reinstalling windows?

2. angelr82

angelr82

First Name:
    Angel
  3. Greencz

Greencz Thread Starter

Thanks, gonna try it right now :)

4. Greencz

Greencz Thread Starter

Didn't work. :/

5. angelr82

angelr82

First Name:
    Angel
  6. Greencz

Greencz Thread Starter

Still same error as from troubleshooting thing I wrote on start. "One or more sound services are not running."

7. angelr82

angelr82

First Name:
    Angel
    Do you have more than one sound card installed? One on the motherboard and an external (PCI) or some other sound device? If so I would start with the basic and pull out any external sound cards you may have. If MB has integrated sound an all other sound cards have been removed then try disabling the MB sound via the BIOS. You may have a hardware conflict.

8. Greencz

Greencz Thread Starter

Well my graphics card has sound car built in. Is there a way to disable it without pulling it out?

9. angelr82

angelr82

First Name:
    Angel
    how are you getting audio? are you using a new type monitor /TV with built in speakers and HDMI or are you using the traditional green plug on the MB with external speakers?

10. angelr82

angelr82

First Name:
    Angel
    You may be able to disable the extra sound service from the graphics card via services.msc -> properties -> change from automatic to disabled -> reboot and verify you are plugged in to the MB for sound not the graphics card.

11. Greencz

Greencz Thread Starter

Well I am getting my sound trough bluetooth in usb port, since I have wireless headphones.

12. angelr82

angelr82

First Name:
    Angel
    Oh wow, yeah that adds a bunch of variables. What kind of video card do you have? also have you check to see that you are running the most current firmware and driver for the USB bluetooth device

13. Greencz

Greencz Thread Starter

I've downloaded newest software from both websites. Sound card is traditional Realtek High Definition Audio. Headphones are (prepare for super cool name) Soundblaster Tactical3D Rage Wireless. I already uninstalled audio drivers from graphics card, but that didn't help.

14. Greencz

Greencz Thread Starter

Sorry video card is MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC Gaming Which is GeForce GTX 760

15. angelr82

angelr82

First Name:
    Angel
    ok then possible permission issue on your services.

try this:
    Open command prompt as administrator. There should be one in the start menu and right click -> run as admin

Then type two commands
    1st:
    "net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice" (no quotes)
    2nd:
    "net localgroup Administrators /add localservice" (again dont use the quotes)

reboot try again.
    **Caution**
    This will lower Security on machine by adding localservice and network service to local admin group.

If this doenst help then run same commands again but take out "Add" and replace it with "Delete"

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1139413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice