Solved: Windows cannot find msconfig. make sure you typed the name correctly: to search for f

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neos1

When I try to open msconfig or system configuration by clicking on start>run> I get a popup
that tells me windows can't find msconfig or system configuration. Why can't I get into
system configuration?

bearone2

Banned
neos1 said:
When I try to open msconfig or system configuration by clicking on start>run> I get a popup
that tells me windows can't find msconfig or system configuration. Why can't I get into
system configuration?
you don't say but if you're using w2k, it doesn't have it but you can add it from various sites.

check "search" for msconfig:cool:

neos1

Yes I didn't say, I'm using XP and boy do I feel foolish! msconfig.exe it is.:rolleyes:

neos1

I wasn't adding the .exe.

I was just using my Registry Optimizer and rummaging around
the options and there System Config., with one click.

neos1

But when I would type just "misconfig" XP could not understand the command.
It wasn't until I typed misconfig.exe that xp could bring up System Configuration.
This puzzles me because as I read through different threads the moderator or person
helping the distraught will say "click>start>click run>type msconfig>click okay".
Could this possibly be a registry entry missing? That is that would cause it not to
respond to just "misconfig"?

You could try downloading msconfig and re-installing it. If you run a google search on (download msconfig) you'll find many sites from which to download the utility.

neos1

unbidden, I just clicked on the link that you left me way back when ----Thanks------

I am also having this problem! I have typed 'msconfig' & 'msconfig.exe' and still the same popup, "Windows cannot find 'msconfig.exe'. Make sure you typed the name...' I am so going to buy an Apple for my next computer. HELP! Oh, I'm running Win XP in a IBM Netvista...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts