Solved: Windows crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sapphire6

I'm running WinXP-Pro/WSer.Pk3 & ever since I downloaded my new inernet Security,If I'm downloading anything my PC will crash restart & then I have to redial? Does anyone have any Idea why it would just start doing that?

Which new Internet security package was it? Some are better than others and some are definitely to be avoided, particularly if it offered itself to you online.

I found AVG products worked well for years but in the last few months, I've rather gone off them. There is a 2011 version now. Although it began to slow systems down, I haven't heard of it crashing them apart from update 3092 (I think) which messed up a few systems.

Go to Microsoft's site and download Microsoft Security Essentials. Turn AVG off in all departments and install MSE - see what happens. If the problem persists, AVG isn't at fault and you can bin MSE and revert.

Sapphire6

I tried Microsoft Security essentials & Bord crashed,so I've come to believe it's a faulty Board.Thanks for all your help

Sapphire6

That was the 3rd install & it took almost an hour to open a page also,Besides crashing.Thanks for the info though

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online