1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Delayed Write Errors

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BURTWIZER, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BURTWIZER

BURTWIZER Thread Starter

After adding a Seagate USB Ext hard drive i have been getting "Windows Delayed Write Errors" (or write failures) I'm running Win 2K Pro. I've reviewed as much of microsofts knowledge base as I can stand to read. Also, since adding this drive , virtually everytime I bring my machine out of standby I recieve a message saying "Improper removal of USB device"--namely the ext hard drive. The drive is connected thru a powered USB hub and all cables and other hub devices are working fine. I've even updated the Intel USB chip-set. To no avail..........

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490151

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice