1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows detected a hard disk problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by newspaper56, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. newspaper56

newspaper56 Thread Starter

I've received this message on my laptop multiple times and I've done the back up. But now I've clicked the option "never ask again", is there a way to have that message pop up again?

I"m sending my laptop to warranty and it would be nice to have that message pop up for them.

2. C141

C141

I Googled for a solution but wasn't able to come up with anything that addresses your situation. I would think it would require a registry edit to correct. Perhaps someone else has an answer & will post.

Anyway, one would think that hard drive, computer manufacturers, etc. are probably very well equipped to test problem components & that their seeing a "Windows Detected A Disk Problem" message isn't necessary. I'd rest easy.

3. whiskeycat

whiskeycat

some more info would be helpful here...for example Dell has a built-in hard drive test that you access in bios setup. I'd go into computer management console and see what it says...does it show the drive as healthy?

4. newspaper56

I have a toshiba laptop, is there a way the bios could show it?

5. whiskeycat

whiskeycat

what are you asking?

6. newspaper56

I'm asking whether i can get that popup back?

7. whiskeycat

whiskeycat

I don't know of any way...did you try going into computer management console?
    See if it says it's healthy...

8. whiskeycat

whiskeycat

go to control panel...administrative tools..computer management icon...click on disk management on left window..

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061656