1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Explorer and other programs do NOT work!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Moony187, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Moony187

Moony187 Thread Starter

I have recently installed a Windows Vista Transformation pack on my computer. It was working fine but it had difficulty working from other users apart from mine, so I decided to uninstall it. After uninstalling it I had logged on i got a message saying that my windows explorer wasn't working and if I wanted to send an error report or not. After I had clicked "Don't Send", I noticed that all my desktop icons and my start toolbar weren't there. The only way I could access my files were through Task Manager. If anyone can help me solve this problem please do...I need it urgently. Thank You

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Hello try a system restore to before you installed the vista pack

help and support
    Pick a task

3. Moony187

Moony187 Thread Starter

How may i access the system restore if i cannot go on to the start menu? Could you please direct me?

4. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    Do a Ctrl, Alt, delete...Click on Task List, Click on New task, then type "cmd" (without the quotes), then in the new window (you should have C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe: prompt) type "control" (without quotes), then go to System
    Good luck!

5. Moony187

Moony187 Thread Starter

Thank You for your help Justjudy. I have solved my problem and my computer is back to normal

6. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I am so sorry
    Didnt have my usual coffee:eek: :eek:

7. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    WTG Moony187! Glad it's working!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice