Solved: Windows Explorer Search AND Windows Media Player Stopped Working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Writenow

Yesterday, when I double clicked on an MP3 I'd just downloaded, Media Player didn't start. I tried using a launcher to open it. When that didn't work, I tried opening it from Explorer, but no go.

Today I wanted to run a search to make sure a backup operation had worked correctly. When I clicked the Search Button I got a blank Search Companion the color of my desktop.

Usually, I use another player to listen to music, even though WMP is my default player. And usually, I use Search GT instead of Windows Search when I'm looking for a file. So - I don't know exactly when the applications quit. I am wondering if it has anything to do with Windows latest update. However, I don't see anyone else posting about this problem.

My system is fully patched. I ran a virus scan and got nothing. Event viewer doesn't show any errors. Very odd. Computer is running fine, no problems except for this.

Suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you,
WriteNow
XP SP3 Home 32-bit
HP Pavilion - Pentium(R) 4CPU
512 MB RAM
160GB HDD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online