1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dlbutler, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dlbutler

dlbutler Thread Starter

I believe I downloaded Adobe and it somehow changed the way my files look in explorer. Now all my files have a little green box in the corner with a white check mark, Can some PLEASE tell me how to turn this feature off. I know it had to be something that I just recently installed, because it just changed. And the only thing I've installed is Adobe. I posted pics to show you how it makes everything look.

Attached Files:

2. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi, That's the Norton360 Backup Status Indicator. To disable that:
    - Go to Norton 360 Main Page
    - Go to Settings and you can disable that on the checkbox then click Close

3. dlbutler

dlbutler Thread Starter

Noooo, I installed Norton360 the day I took it out the box, they never showed before. There has to be a way to make it go away without disabling Norton, right?

4. Lucky09

Lucky09

No, you're not going to totally disable Norton 360. Just one its feature which is the Backup Status indicator. Its function is basically just an indicator. It does nothing about security. If you don't want to see the indicator which is the green box with check on it, then its you're option to disable that feature. as i know, that was disable by default. You can also try updating your Norton360 if there's an available update.

5. dlbutler

dlbutler Thread Starter

Okay Lucky09, I believe I'm close, but I didn't want to disable the wrong thing, should disable it from here?

Attached Files:

6. dlbutler

dlbutler Thread Starter

I did exactly what Lucky09 said to do, and it worked!!! Thank you so much.

7. Lucky09

Lucky09

You're welcome.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice