1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Freezes Unless in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Finvara, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finvara

Finvara Thread Starter

Jan 1, 2012
    After a brownout during which my battery backup failed, my computer lost power. On bringing it back up, I can start my computer in safe mode and safe mode with networking, however attempting to start it up normally will display my normal icons and desktop, and then the taskbar, start menu, and all normal functions of windows such as right-click menus and ctrl+alt+del functions seem to hang. ctrl+alt+del instead eventually shows a message that it failed to display the related security options and suggests a restart using the power button.

I need to find the source of this issue and repair it so that I can run windows normally again. Sadly, I do not possess system recovery points to roll back to, and I don't have a system repair disk of any sort.

TSG Sysyinfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 4095 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 75657 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, 890GXM-G65 (MS-7642)
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1051180