1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows is not recognizing my Multi-Card Reader/ SD Card Reader

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Holly3278, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hey everyone. I am having trouble with my Multi-Card Reader/SD Card Reader. I am trying to take pictures off of my SD card and put them on my computer. I have lost my USB cord for the camera and can't locate it at this time or I would do that.

So anyway, I put the card in the SD card drive and the green light does not come on. I then open up My Computer and the drive isn't even listed. I checked in Device Manager as well and as far as I know, it is not listed in there either. If it is, then it is under a name that I don't recognize.

So anyway, I would greatly appreciate some help in getting my computer to recognize my Multi-Card Reader/SD Card Reader.

Also, I tried these things from my Standard Account.

Here's my system information:

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Some card readers have a limit on the SD card capacity they can read.

Has this SD card worked ok in the card reader before ? What capacity is the SD card ?

Please post the make and model of the PC. (Going by the motherboard I'm guessing that's an HP desktop PC).

3. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

This SD card has worked fine in the card reader before. This computer is an HP Pavilion p6313w.

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok, can you try a different SD card ?

If another SD card doesn't work your best bet could be to get another Usb cable for now.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support site for the HP Pavilion p6313w (AY633AA) desktop.

You should add and save this site in your browser's favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

The troubleshooting section on the memory card reader may be helpful to you.

--------------------------------------------------------

6. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

I am unable to do this because I do not have another SD Card and I don't know anyone with an SD card I can use either.

Unfortunately the link did not help me but I did save it to my bookmarks.

7. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hey everyone. I just tried the card in the drive again and it finally worked. It apparently wasn't in the drive securely when I tried it the first time. I am marking this thread solved now.

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Nice one !

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1123454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice