1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Keep Trying To Connecting!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by conan007, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. conan007

conan007 Thread Starter

recently,my windows now keep trying to connect to internet even if dont want to.its very annoying:mad: .i had to disable the ethernet but still,it will still try connect.any suggestions to stop this?????:confused:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Some information on the configuration would be real helpful. Make/model of the machine, wired or wireless, type of Internet access, dial, DSL, cable. In addition, the version and patch level of Windows.

Then, tell us the exact symptoms, what exactly happens?

3. conan007

conan007 Thread Starter

mode of machine,is it my computer brand?not sure....my internet is wired,dsl,and windows xp pro version 2002.like i said,windows keep trying to connect to internet EVEN if i dont want to do so.

thx for replying.

4. JohnWill

What do you mean "trys to connect"? Since DSL is always connected, what are the exact symptoms?

5. conan007

conan007 Thread Starter

no,i mean my connection is dsl.means broadband.i have to dial connect to internet.so the problem is,if i want to work OFFLINE,the dialer will still dial without stopping.i repeat,IF I WANT TO WORK OFFLINE AT MY COM,THE DIALER WILL STILL DIAL EVEN IF I DONT WANT TO BE ONLINE.

thx for replying=)

6. JohnWill

First off, who is your ISP? Have you asked their support this question?

I suspect that either the ISP's software is configured to connect upon boot, or you have a process that's trying to access the Internet when you boot. Typically, stuff like Windows Update, Anti-virus updates, and even the XP time function will access the net.

7. conan007

conan007 Thread Starter

i dont need to use their software for connecting.only win 98/95 will be given because windows xp can use the PPPOE.thx for helping.i think i can solve the problem now.(^^)

techguy best!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice