1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows keeps closing all my programs!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Thegamer, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Thegamer

Thegamer Thread Starter

Hi
    I have been having some problems with my laptop. I have a Sony xperia z and need to update its software but whenever I load the program it uses to manage files on it- Sony pc companion- Windows will pop up a little window saying its not responding withing a few seconds of it loading and closes the program. I try this with a few other programs and this is a re-occuring problem with quite a few of the ones i tested. Sony pc companion isnt a resource intensive program at all and i have nothing else running at the same time. I ran AVG just in case but nothing showed up.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MASSIVELY APPRECIATED!

Thanks

2. Thegamer

Thegamer Thread Starter

I forgot to mention i have uninstalled and reinstalled it with no effect

3. Hitori

Hitori

Hi Alex
    Am seeing quite a few people complaining about the same problem... and what seems to work is installing an older version of the software.
    That will only make a difference if you are using an updated version... if you are, can you install the version that should have come on the included CD?

Does it make any difference if you right click the program and choose the Run as Administrator option?

Did the program ever work before?

4. Thegamer

Thegamer Thread Starter

It didnt come with a cd, you simply plug the phone in and it prompts you to install the software (I guess the phone has the set up on it) Therefore i cant actually find any older versions of the software-compatibility may become an issue if i did find one.

I tried to run it as an administrator and the problem hasnt resurfaced recently.

Thanks- whatever we did seemed to work for now at least

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1095404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice