1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Live Mail 2012 freezes upon opening

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pikespeakbob, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pikespeakbob

pikespeakbob Thread Starter

I'm using build 15.4.3555.0308 (the latest) and every time I open the program to view my emails, it freezes and the new messages are shown in the Inbox but can't be read. I can't close the program except with Task Manager & then ending the process. I've tried repairing via Programs & Features (several times) but that didn't work. I even tried reinstalling over the existing program but that didn't work either. It seems like the only thing not tried is to completely remove WLM but I have a few folders not in my email address that I don't want to lose, not sure if they would come back upon a new install. Tried a reboot (several times) but still the problem persists.:mad:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 24566 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, 896 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1898830 MB, Free - 1678712 MB; D: Total - 8817 MB, Free - 3787 MB; E: Total - 1898830 MB, Free - 1743407 MB; F: Total - 8817 MB, Free - 3888 MB; G: Total - 281459 MB, Free - 250879 MB; H: Total - 4690 MB, Free - 3092 MB; I: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 825396 MB; Z: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 953656 MB;
    Motherboard: Alienware, 0H869M
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. drmacpccom

drmacpccom

Make sure you have the correct configuration. There are many factors, if this is a @gmail account, they support "pop" and "imap", but you need to enable some settings in your account. Depending on your mail provider, this could be an issue on thier end so check if you can login via webmail without any issues, if that works, you might want to try another email client like Thunderbird as a test. I hope this helps.

3. pikespeakbob

pikespeakbob Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, I've checked all the requirements and they match what's needed to use WLM. The problem was intermittent so I uninstalled WLM and then reinstalled and it appears to be working more or less as it should, a bit slow but working better. In any event, I guess I'll just have to wait until all of us using WLM are transferred over to the new outlook.com email to see if it gets better-or worse. I'll mark the problem as solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice