Solved: windows live mail address format

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

carolsm

I'm switching over to Windows Live Mail (in Win 7) from Eudora---it's gotten too cranky. Eudora automatically put my address in mails I sent as "Jane Doe" <[email protected]> . Windows Live just puts it as "[email protected]" . How can I teach it to include the full name?

DoubleHelix

Banned
I think the poster is referring to what appears in the From field. That's usually an account setting.

carolsm

Yes, I'm talking about the "from" field. In the account settings, I found the "reply address" field, typed just my email address in there (after trying my name and email address, and my name only, always getting a message that the address didn't appear to be valid...and indeed those didn't work), and the email address alone worked.
Thanks!

DoubleHelix

Banned
You have to enter your actual e-mail address in the e-mail address field, but there should be another field called "Name" or "Display Name" or something like that where you can type whatever you want. They're two separate things.

Yes, there's a name section in the setup screen.

Just go to Tools > Account Settings.

You should see the option there :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online