Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0E

198K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  EAFiedler 
#1 ·
I have Windows Vista Home Premium and I am using Windows Live Mail with Comcast as my ISP. Recently I received the following error message: "Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', 'Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E,' 'Protocol: SMTP,' 'PORT:25,' 'Secure (SSL):No,' 'Socket Error 100060' "

I can receive emails and go to web sites; however, I cannot send emails. They all go to Outbox. This is a new problem which has never previously occurred in over one year of use.

Does anyone have a suggested fix?

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi larguy

Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail error codes
Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you try to send and receive e-mail in Outlook and Outlook Express

Have you verified your mail server settings are correct?
Deleted and rekeyed the server settings?
If required, verify authentication for the outgoing server is enabled.

Can you login in to your Comcast web mail server?
Do you have plenty of storage remaining on the Comcast web mail server?

What anti-virus program are you using? Is it configured to scan incoming and outgoing e-mails?
What firewall are you using? Verify it is not blocking internet to the application or SMTP.

Let us know what you find.

#3 ·
Thanks for info from EAFielder.

I verified my mail server settings and deleted and rekeyed. I enabled authentication (it was not previously on).

I can login to Comcast web mail and can send and receive. I also can send and receive from Windows Mail -- but still cannot send from Windows Live Mail even with all of the above suggestions.

I am using AVG (free) anti-virus program. It is configured to scan both incoming and outgoing message (the latter was not checked, but is now). I assume AVG is also my firewall?? If so, I am nor sure how to verify it is not blocking internet to the application or SMTP. Apparently, it is not doing so when I use Window Mail.

I have not yet tried to get help from Comcast.

What is suggested now?

Thanks

#5 ·
I changed SMTP to 587 and that emptied my Outbox: however, when I attempted to send a new message it still went to Outbox with same error message as before -- except Socket error is 10061 rather than previous 10060.

Making progress - but not quite there.

#11 ·
Great news!!

Problem is solved. It did require SMTP setting to be 587 and did require Authentication to be enabled. In addition, I made an error while re-entering the output server address by omitting one letter which complicated the correction process.

largguy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.