1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MCROZ, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCROZ

MCROZ Thread Starter

Livemail inexplicably throwing up this error (under WIN7)

When trying to send/receive I get :

Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo.co (............) account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 110
    Secure(SSL): No

(..........) above is my Yahoo email id.

EDIT
    BIZARRE - 10 seconds after posting it fixed itself ...... computers ...dontcha love em
    First time this has happened in 18 months using Livemail and WIN7 - was receiving mail successfully 10 minutes before it decided to go into error.

Any ideas anyone ?
    I can still acess Yahoo mail on web.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. MCROZ

MCROZ Thread Starter

This just happened again - identical circumstances ..... and so far it hasn't fixed itself - still interested in any other experiences as I see my original post was viewed 600+ times ? Anyone had the same error and know how to fix it ?

3. MCROZ

MCROZ Thread Starter

OK- it must be the magic of posting here - it fixes itself after I have done so ....someone up there knows something ...:rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1021944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice