1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Live Mail/gmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by luvmycubbies, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luvmycubbies

luvmycubbies Thread Starter

First Name:
    Judy
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8400 Triple-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 3
    RAM: 4095 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 417901 MB;
    Motherboard: ECS, A740GM-M
    Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

I have a gmail account. A friend forwards email to me and it appears in Windows Live Mail as well as in my gmail inbox. To view the attachments he sends, I click on "download" and then am asked to save, save as, etc.. Is there a simple way to go about viewing his attachments without reconfiguring mail accounts, or saving to this file or that file or switching back and forth between WLM and gmail?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    this is in gmail correct

in WLM - you should see the attachment on the email -look for a paperclip and you can double click on that - and save as - or depending on set-up you maybe able to double click directly on the attachment to open

3. luvmycubbies

First Name:
    Judy
    My question have been clearer, I guess. I know how to go to WLM and view the attachment. What I was hoping to solve was being able to view his email when I'm checking my gmail inbox. I know how to view his email when I go to WLM but see, the thing is I'm lazy and I was hoping to be able, while in gmail, to click and view his attachment without doing the download, then save-save as, etc..

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    are you using internet explorer?
    google chrome will open the attachment - if it has the app to open the file type, at least mine does

5. luvmycubbies

First Name:
    Judy
    I am using IE. Google Chrome would be ok with me but my husband is strongly opposed to using it, on the word of one of his friends who knows as much about computers as my dog does. Perhaps if I relay the message that Chrome might solve our gmail/WLM situation, he may relent. Will update here when/if we do or don't. In the meantime,thanks for your input.

6. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

All you have to do is save the attachment and open it with the program that can read it. It doesn't matter which browser you use.

7. luvmycubbies

First Name:
    Judy
    DH, after small discussion, prefers that we don't use Chrome. So, okay - not worth a disagreement. Thanks to you all for trying to help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice