Solved: Windows Live Mail/gmail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

luvmycubbies

First Name
Judy
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8400 Triple-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 3
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 417901 MB;
Motherboard: ECS, A740GM-M
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

I have a gmail account. A friend forwards email to me and it appears in Windows Live Mail as well as in my gmail inbox. To view the attachments he sends, I click on "download" and then am asked to save, save as, etc.. Is there a simple way to go about viewing his attachments without reconfiguring mail accounts, or saving to this file or that file or switching back and forth between WLM and gmail?

etaf

First Name
Wayne
I click on "download" and then am asked to save, save as, etc..
this is in gmail correct

in WLM - you should see the attachment on the email -look for a paperclip and you can double click on that - and save as - or depending on set-up you maybe able to double click directly on the attachment to open

luvmycubbies

First Name
Judy
My question have been clearer, I guess. I know how to go to WLM and view the attachment. What I was hoping to solve was being able to view his email when I'm checking my gmail inbox. I know how to view his email when I go to WLM but see, the thing is I'm lazy and I was hoping to be able, while in gmail, to click and view his attachment without doing the download, then save-save as, etc..

etaf

First Name
Wayne
are you using internet explorer?
google chrome will open the attachment - if it has the app to open the file type, at least mine does

luvmycubbies

First Name
Judy
I am using IE. Google Chrome would be ok with me but my husband is strongly opposed to using it, on the word of one of his friends who knows as much about computers as my dog does. Perhaps if I relay the message that Chrome might solve our gmail/WLM situation, he may relent. Will update here when/if we do or don't. In the meantime,thanks for your input.

TonyB25

Banned
All you have to do is save the attachment and open it with the program that can read it. It doesn't matter which browser you use.

luvmycubbies

First Name
Judy
DH, after small discussion, prefers that we don't use Chrome. So, okay - not worth a disagreement. Thanks to you all for trying to help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online