1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Live Mail lost almost all sent items

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DKTaber, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I just happened to check my Sent Items folder in my Windows Live Mail a few minutes ago. I keep 3 months of Sent items there (delete older ones on the 1st of each month), so there should be ~100+ emails in the folder. There are 6, 4 of which were sent within the last couple of days, plus two that are a month or so old.

The only software I installed today was Silverlight to run some Amazon prime movies. Could that have corrupted the storage folder. Is there any way to retrieve the missing e-mails?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    how do you have WLM setup with the server IMAP or POP
    They may all still be on the email server, log into the webmail service and see
    ALSO
    if you have any phone or other device connected that uses IMAP - did you delete from there at all ?
    as IMAP will sync and delete from any connected device

3. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

Wayne: Thanks for the quick response. My e-mail uses a POP3 server. Of course, since I'm not using web mail, no sent messages are saved on Comcast's server, only on my computer.

Regardless of this, late last night it suddenly dawned on me that I was not using the computer on which I do 95% of my e-mailing:(! Since I rarely e-mail from the computer I was using, there would, of course, be very few messages in the Sent Items folder. So I'm going to mark this 'solved'.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    thanks for letting us know - have a great holiday

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1139864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice