1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows live mail..unable to receive emails from certain addresses (Moved fro

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Roxrad, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Roxrad

Roxrad Thread Starter

I have windows live for emails. My husband has one address and me another. He gets emails from everyone but there are several people I can't get them from. I can send them emails, which they get, but when they send a response to me, I do not get it. They do not get a message the it was not delivered. They are all on my secure list. It suddenly started happening a few weeks ago. That I know of, 4 are Gmail users and one is yahoo....there may be more. I assume it has something to do with my import system. Microsoft and Gmail just blame it on each other and can not help. Any suggestions?....Roxie

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you log into your gmail account using a webbrowser - are the email there ?

3. Roxrad

Roxrad Thread Starter

When I look at my gmail, it does have the test message I sent to my roadrunner/ windows live address recorded as sent. My husbands rr/ wl received the test message but mine did not. Roxie

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    sorry dont understand
    rr/ wl

can you refrain from text chat speak , please

so does you gmail from a web browser have the emails from those people?

5. Roxrad

Roxrad Thread Starter

When I do a test message from my gmail to roadrunner/windows live account, it says it was sent. My husband received the test message on his rr/wl account but I did not. Roxie

6. Roxrad

Roxrad Thread Starter

Roadrunner and windows live. I have a separate gmail address that I used years ago so am using it now to see if I can receive on my normal email account

7. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so it does not appear in your gmail via a webbrowser - then you have a issue on gmail
    have you looked in the spam folder on the gmail account ?

8. Roxrad

Roxrad Thread Starter

The messages sent from gmail, which are from a separate email account of mine as well as gmail from family and friends, get sent to me, but I do not receive them. It does not tell them it was not delivered nor are the messages sitting in a spam account. Again my husband, receives them and he has the same roadrunner windows live account...just different first name address.

9. Roxrad

Roxrad Thread Starter

I believe it has to do with my import area of windows live

10. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i'm not getting the issue

windows live mail is a program that is on a PC and works with various email accounts

do you mean
    windows live mail the program
    OR
    outlook.com which is now the site for live.com/hotmail emails

11. Roxrad

Roxrad Thread Starter

My usual email is through windows live, a Microsoft email system. My roadrunner email is through them. I do not use gmail, even though I do have a separate email through Google.
    I can not receive certain emails from some of my friends and family. The messages are not stuck in any spam folders that we can find. The messages that I am not receiving are mostly from people who have gmail as their emails. Those people have their emails on my "secure" list so don't see any reason why they are not coming through.
    The icon on the computer when I go into my email is "Window Live Mail 2011"....I am not sure if this is the question you are asking. Within that email icon, I have my roadrunner email account.

12. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    OK,
    so you are using
    Window Live Mail 2011
    as the program on the PC
    but whats that connected to

can you post the email address - just the bit after the @
    is it as you say "windows live, a Microsoft email system"
    @live.com ?
    which is outlook.com
    as all the accounts have been brought under one email server outlook.com
    for hotmail, outlook and live accounts

or is the server provided by roadrunner

and this is by logging into the webmail function of the email service
    https://webmail.roadrunner.com/
    correct ?

13. Roxrad

Roxrad Thread Starter

14. Roxrad

Roxrad Thread Starter

Yes it is webmail.roadrunner

15. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    thanks
    and when you log into the web service for @new.rr.com , you cannot see the emails anywhere in the website

if thats the case and they are not in spam, then it sounds like some form of block on the server side

I dont know if there are any options within the account to block specific emails or domains

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice