Solved: Windows Live Mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Waldogw

I previously asked if I purchase a Lab Top computer for my wife and install Windows Live Mail on her computer. Can she access her mail and then if she deletes, will iot also delete her mail on my Desk Top. I got reply from "C141" who said yes. Today I was at Office Depot looking for a lap top and told the sales person what I wanted to do. He said that if she deletes her e-mail it would delete on hers, it still would be on my desk top? Any further clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks

TerryNet

Terry
Both are right. IMAP mail will sync across devices. POP mail must be managed manually.

Apology, got it confused with other Windows Mail & Windows Live Hotmail services.

To help clarify, read below article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_Mail
Windows Live Mail

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Not to be confused with Windows Live Hotmail or Windows Mail.

Windows Live Mail (formerly named Windows Live Mail Desktop, code-named Elroy[1]) is a free of charge email client from Microsoft. It is the successor to Outlook Express on Windows XP and Windows Mail on Windows Vista. The application is available for download via the Windows Essentials suite.

And From Microsoft:

Windows Live Mail brings together multiple e-mail accounts and calendars into one easy-to-use program. Access and edit your e-mail and calendar events, even when you are offline, and sync your changes later. Windows Live Mail helps to maximize your e-mail security across multiple e-mail accounts. Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live. Get multiple e-mail accounts in one program - Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo. It also has a calendar. Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online