1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Live Mail

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Waldogw, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waldogw

Waldogw Thread Starter

I previously asked if I purchase a Lab Top computer for my wife and install Windows Live Mail on her computer. Can she access her mail and then if she deletes, will iot also delete her mail on my Desk Top. I got reply from "C141" who said yes. Today I was at Office Depot looking for a lap top and told the sales person what I wanted to do. He said that if she deletes her e-mail it would delete on hers, it still would be on my desk top? Any further clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Both are right. IMAP mail will sync across devices. POP mail must be managed manually.

3. C141

C141

Apology, got it confused with other Windows Mail & Windows Live Hotmail services.

To help clarify, read below article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_Mail
    Windows Live Mail

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Not to be confused with Windows Live Hotmail or Windows Mail.

Windows Live Mail (formerly named Windows Live Mail Desktop, code-named Elroy[1]) is a free of charge email client from Microsoft. It is the successor to Outlook Express on Windows XP and Windows Mail on Windows Vista. The application is available for download via the Windows Essentials suite.

And From Microsoft:

Windows Live Mail brings together multiple e-mail accounts and calendars into one easy-to-use program. Access and edit your e-mail and calendar events, even when you are offline, and sync your changes later. Windows Live Mail helps to maximize your e-mail security across multiple e-mail accounts. Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live. Get multiple e-mail accounts in one program - Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo. It also has a calendar. Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice