Solved: Windows live mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jmcconn179

I just installed windows 7 recently and I cannot get windows live mail to send out my emails, it will receive them but not send them. Any ideas?
Thanks,
John

etaf

Wayne
check the SMTP settings and security settings
who is the email provider ?
often if you are using an ISP service email but not connected to there network you cannot use SMTP, so if away from home need to use the WebMail facility

is this a genuine version of windows 7 ?

jmcconn179

Yes genuine windows7, Verizon is my service provider and I can send using my verizon email but not my gmail

etaf

Wayne
recheck the gmail settings
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13273
this is for windows mail - but the settings are the same
NOTE the port settings and encryption
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

often one smtp is set as default and all sent mail will go via your default account
i dont use windows live mail but have on my PC to answer these type of questions

When you create a new email - there is an option dropdown "from" on the right hand side to choose the email service to reply via - if you use this drop down for gmail - what happens , what error messages

jmcconn179

Thanks,
I went through the settings again and it still didn't work so I deleted windows live mail and reinstalled it and it works now .
Thanks for all your help

etaf

Wayne
thanks for letting us know - that maybe very useful for others - certainly something I would not have suggested before trying various other things ,,, so worth knowing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online