1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows Live Messenger 2009 - webcam issues

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by renegadia, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renegadia

renegadia Thread Starter

Hey all,

After upgrading last week, to Build 14.0.8064.206, everytime I try to start a Video Call with someone either they can't see me or themselves, or I can't see me or them. Essentially at least one of the views will not be working and is replaced by the 'no webcam' icon. Signing out & back in again doesn't solve the problem, rather it changes the view that doesn't work (i.e. at first I can't see the cam view of me on my comp. Then, after signing out and in, I can now see me, but the other person can't). I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Also, the 'View my webcam option is greyed out, but from running Audio & Video Setup on the main WLM window, the cam seems to be functioning correctly.

I'm not too sure what further info you would like me to give, but am more than happy to produce anything if required. I am running XP MCE 2005 (SP3) and using a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 webcam if that helps any.

Thanks in advance

2. dkdkdude

dkdkdude

Just try reinstalling the drivers for it them upgrade... or make sure on msn ur preferences say that you have a webcam set up

3. gispada

gispada

Hello guys,

I'm having the same problem.

Did you solve it? How?

Tks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/816523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice